johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

That time I had surgery


image via

People are my jam. So as the last two years doing photography have exploded, I became overwhelmed and burnt out quickly losing my faith/trust in people. Mainly because I didn't understand boundaries or really know how to run a business. My heart became hard and I felt lost and worn.
When we moved to California my largest vow was to not be in that place again. In fact, I was close to just letting the business all go, my prayer was "Lord whatever you want me to do". Since we've been here its been a steady stream of wonderful clients desiring photography and as I set up rules and boundaries for myself it all became so different but my heart was still leary of people. Then I had surgery.
 It was minor procedure to remove a random infected cyst, but they insisted I go under and man was I scared! However, watching people come to my rescue expecting nothing in return floored me. This was just the thing to soften my heart and learn to trust again. Who knew? I don't recommend surgery but know that God can and will use anything to soften our hearts. All he wants is our hearts and he wants them whole and healed.

Comments

back to top