johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

Roman shade how-to

Here's the how-to for how I cheated my way to roman shade bliss. The purpose of these shades in my dining room were two fold; something pretty and something to cool down a room with six windows during summer heat! The supplies are simple: bamboo shades {home depot}, substantial fabric, spray glue {home depot}, and glue gun. Here's the steps:













A few cliffnotes, I did not glue fabric all the way to the bottom because it won't be seen and was expensive fabric. The hardware that comes with shades is pretty self-explanatory in terms of hanging just be sure to NOT cover the slits at the top with fabric otherwise you won't be able to hang them! Hope this helps anyone interested in trying, hoping to post my finished dining room next week.

back to top