johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

I can't whistle but I can make milk

Somehow I missed the fact that my sister could whistle all these years and when she shared that enviable fact at the dinner table my husband chimed in on his whistling skills while I sat there in silence! Finally I blurted out, "well, I can make milk" and had them both stumped! 
The whole lactation process astounds and perplexes me! I have officially done it wrong twice now! My first kiddo latched incorrectly (then loved it so much wouldn't ever stop nursing!) and this time apparently I'm a milk goddess and make too much. Bo has only been getting the foremilk, full of fat and lactose giving him all kinds of GI pain, poor honeyB! Sheesh! We are pressing on modifying things and seeing improvement so I will continue to be in awe of the miraculous milk-making process!




Comments

  1. this picture is so precious!
    i hope things are getting better with Gideon. It's hard when they've been your number 1 for so long. You'll all find your new rhythm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful baby (and the picture is amazing). I can't believe you are posting so often with a newborn in the house. I'm in awe. By the way, how did you manage to get your first to latch on? I never could manage with my baby boy and quit trying when he would cry and cry. Now he's 8 months old, and I guess that ship's sailed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried pumping for just a few minutes before you feed? You could save/freeze that until his belly develops. My daughter had upset belly as a baby... I found that the Mylicon drops and rubbing her belly in a backwards C (with some force) would help.

    You'll get it figured out - trust yourself and just breathe! :) oxo, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to claim the talent, girl.

    And how adorable is the pic of your sweet babe??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, your little Boaz Boy is just beautiful!

    I had the exact same milk production issue with my second born and found that pumping off 1-2 ounces of the foremilk from each side right before I nursed him helped things immensely. I know that's kind of a pain to do, but so worth having a happy, well-fed baby. My milk supply did level off nicely after a month or two and I was able to nurse him for a year.

    It's hard for me to fathom that this time last year I was constantly nursing an infant... now she's running on her own two feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed that I have the blessing of calling you my wife, and I am eternally grateful to you for bringing my two sons into this world!

    Love ya babe!
    Adam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top