johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

Let's go to the Fair

It all started with a broken heart over an employee's 12 year old's cancer diagnosis. I was looking for ways to finicially contribute to a difficult situation when my Mom said throw a fundraising hospital fair!! Brillant idea, Mom.Providence led the vice president of the hospital to my unit yesterday where I pitched the idea and she loved it! Turns out there's already financial assistance available to meet this family's need, but nonetheless the fair committee is brewing and the event will kickoff in October! If any of you have any suggestions or experience with large events, I'd love your comments, suggestions and ideas.
Here' s my vision:
Heath screening booths, bouncies, clowns, bbq, hospital tours, and live music!


Comments

  1. You my dear are a saint and a genius! You go girl! I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Good luck with it all!


    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about a Jello Jump? The American Cancer Society used to do them back in the 80's. Basically, people raise money to see others plunge down a long slide into a massive bowl of jello! Or you could try a dance off..see who lasts the longest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful idea and it is sure to be a special event... I've helped plan a few benefits and the one thing I've learned is that you can never have too many hands! Good luck and a very big thank you for the sweet award!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top