johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

One angry patient

image here

Last week I encountered a young patient I will never forget. Suffering with cystic fibrosis all her life fueled her angry persona, but evident fear. Any kind soft and caring words I had to offer were met with profanities, disgust, and anger; truly an impossible patient.
My day ended in tears and confusion.
I've grappled with thoughts of her for the rest of the week, (yes, I have trouble letting go) but came to a stunning revelation through prayer, she was stuck. Stuck in anger never moving through the other phases of grief. Any kind of loss requires grief and though painful is critical to healing. Healing that is continual and sometimes lifelong.

Praying for you dear one, for healing and peace that surpasses understanding through your journey.

"There is a time for everything- a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance."
Ecc 3:4

Comments

  1. I really really really admire Nurse Christian Bloggers especially when they share how they live for God while encountering type of things. and you're right on that. There is a time for everything. (I mean the Bible is right on that :D)

    wanna exchange links? I would love to visit your blog whenever I update :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such truth we find in Scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really really admire Nurse Christian Bloggers especially when they share how they live for God while encountering type of things. and you're right on that. There is a time for everything. (I mean the Bible is right on that :D)

    wanna exchange links? I would love to visit your blog whenever I update :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top