johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

Dan in real life

Rhode Island has been on my mind lately, thanks to my dear friend Taryn, who's getting to live there for a year, lucky gal! So for a virtual visit, I turned to "Dan in real life." It's been out a couple years now, but I just picked up a copy at Target. I'm now enamored with Rhode Island where the movie is filmed and must go there. I discovered online that you can actually rent the home the movie is filmed in and tour around the spots. Aside from the blissful scenery funnyman Steve Carell is the star and gives a striking performance both tearful and hilarious! He also sings and plays guitar in the movie, which is actually my favorite scene. If for nothing else please rent it for the gorgeous scenery and a feel good love story, set in a killer house.



Note the chair swing (love), antique piano and the gorgeous wood paneling, now that's wood paneling I could live with!
Stunning marina typical of New England.

Looks like an outdoor shower stall perhaps to wash off after a swim in the lake and note the amazing siding on the house.

Hello cute turquoise kitchen island with red barstools.

Here's the best snippet of the amazing house I could find, hello weekend retreat.

I even dig their vintage mercedes station wagon, c'mon check out that rad orange!

Here's more campy retreat-like rooms that mimic the feel of the movie.




Comments

back to top