johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

Living room inspiration board

 We've acquired a living room (aka sitting room) with our new digs  however, our piano and flat screen (hidden by some art) should provide activity, so this room will NOT BE WASTED!! The room has dark walnut glossy hard woods, cream colored walls, crown molding, and a fireplace. I've chosen all my favorites design elements to spice it up... ikat (on navy blue chair), glitz (lamp and mirror), animal print (fabric for drapes and cow throw), bamboo chairs, chevron rug and a rustic element (coffee table DIY). The color palette stems from the Markham Roberts room pictured, although Im leaning more towards a navy tone rather than teal. 
What do you think? 


Comments

  1. Maria!

    It's fab. I love the color combo you picked! I can't wait to see it all together!

    Great job!

    xo

    Camila

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE. Especially throwing in the animal print for a chic twist.

    Seleta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet comment! It's funny, we really do have similar taste. Is that couch from Crate & Barrel? If so, I have it! And the ikat chairs came the other day and are really comfortable. I get pretty good discounts from Urban sometimes, so check back on the left sidebar on my blog if you are thinking of buying the chairs. I post the discounts when I get them... (mine were free shipping, so I saved a good amount!)

    BTW I really like your chandelier options!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting thanks. I believe there's even more that could be on there! keep it up on website

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top