Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bargain-Hunting

This weekend I was floored by the great finds at Value City Furniture and Pier One. We picked up this couch for a mere $377!! It was both comfortable and in microfiber, fulfilling my two requirements for a sofa(bring on the spills, acchem...Gideon!)
Look what cool mirrors they have too!


Next stop: Pier One, where I picked up two of these bamboo chairs for $99!!! Yipppee!






Look what else they had on clearance....great stuff! 

Question about Pier One??  They have considerable mark up on items from imported countries (where I've traveled and seen the same hand-made products) but I wonder how much of that money makes it back in those countries pockets? Let me know if you know the answer, I'm concerned.







1 comment:

FROM THE RIGHT BANK said...

We really do seem to have so much in common! :) Having traveled a lot like you, I often think about the same things. It's so great to get a bargain but you feel kind of bad at the same time - especially when things come from developing countries. I think how much money the workers/companies get has a lot to do with how and who they sell to. Lately there seem to be more companies interested in benefiting workers directly more than sheer profit. I don't know that Pier 1 is one of them but having said all that I love your bamboo chairs and how can you resist them at that price?! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...