johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

Roman shade glitch

I came across a glitch in my roman shade method that I wanted to share and hopefully spare some of you some pain too! On the back of the shade from Home depot they are now covering the loop that holds the drawstring with a plastic cover?! Just pull that right off and thread the drawstring directly through the ring and re-tie it at the bottom. Your shade should work fine following that mending! Here's the shade I did for Gideon' room!





I keep receiving lots of questions on the how-to of these roman shades, please keep shooting over questions...I"m considering doing a video so as to clear up any confusion!! Let me know if you'd like one?!!

Comments

  1. Thank you! I'm about to embark on almost every window in my house using your tutorial! You've helped me save so much $ trying to make military housing look decent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a vid! I wanted to try one for my balcony door, while I love the sunlight coming in from the glass panel, it can get a tad overwhelming in the summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for posting this about those shades. i tried using the plastic tabs and they just fell open. what a silly piece they put on there. i am definitely going to take those off and use just the old school

    ReplyDelete
  4.  How many yards of fabric did you end up using? Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would really appreciate a video!  I am kind of craft-deficient, but would really like to try this idea.  Thanks! 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, please make a video of this tutorial! I can't wait to make some blinds of my own. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! Can you believe EVERY window opening in my house would be a custom blind? No off-the-shelf roman shades for me - ugh! I wish they could be cut on the sides so I could do this! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is very much great and hope fully nice blog. Every body can easily found her need able information. I am visit first time but I fond many use full article. I will back again when get time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top