johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

The nursery and name reveal!

So here's the room that almost killed me, just ask my family! This room was tricky because its small, multi-purpose (guest room plus nursery) and on the eclectic side! I love a great mix in a room but with a cohesive thread, which was hard to do with so many elements. The inspiration for the entire room revolved around the mother child painting from ikea and then the butterfly prints really made things take flight!






This adorable blanket is from babiesrus, so perfect for the room!

I made this butterfly mobile with butterflies from Michaels; hot glue and string made it easy peasy.


The name will be Boaz Dominick, we have a Gideon which is a very strong name and needed something to stand up to our 4yr old warrior. Its from the Old Testament part of the Bible and we'll call him "Bo" most of the time! More details on his name tomorrow!
(I took wood letters and decoupaged them (using Mod-podge) with butterfly paper from Michaels.)


 Sock monkey from Big lots,  the owl (potterybarn) is from a dear friend, and ikat pillow from this etsy shop.

The changing table which I'm pretty sure was a TV cabinet from the 80's was a mere $12.99 from goodwill, the hardware ring pulls from here, and the cushion is an egg crate I cut to fit the space and placed in a cheetah pillow case!




End table from ikea, elephant from Thailand,  butterfly prints from Home goods, and black wire lamp is target from 3 years ago!



I made the roman shade (tutorial here) with burlap and ribbon, the chair is from an antique store $45 and the fabric on the seat cover from this amazing etsy shop.



Welcome to nursery/baby week! I will unpack some of the DIY's I did this week and answer any questions!

Room sources: Paint color-Martha Stewart Reed, Futon-my dad's, coverlet on futon- Thomas O'brien for Target 3 years ago, Butterfly prints over couch-tjmaxx, mom/baby painting-ikea, deeply madly in love print-madebygirl, bible verse print-laybabylay, light fixture-shadesoflight, cheetah throw rug-cymax, crib bedding-potterybarnkids, pillow and chair cover-etsy

Comments

  1. the nursery looks amazing!! you did such a fabulous job.  I love all the DIY's that you did!  And Boaz, that really is a strong name!  Excited for little Bo and his new room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the room and the name Maria! You are so creative and I am in constant awe of your stylish eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine - A Graceful HomeMay 30, 2011 at 3:40 PM

    Your nursery looks delightful! Love that mobile and the roman shade! The TV cabinet turned into changing table is wonderful!  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I reallllllly like this room!  I especially like that it screams YOU/Family/US, not just baby, as you are the only one's who will be enjoying it for quite some time.  beautiful, eclectic and fun.
    Love
    Love
    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning from Tokyo!

    Maria, I love little Boaz's nursery. There must have been quite a challenge in balancing guest room/nursery, but you met it head on! Congratulations on a welcoming and fun room. I wouldn't know where to begin, yet you make it look so effortless.

    Have a wonderful week ahead...

    Warmly,

    Elizabeth
     

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name you chose for the baby!  I just emailed you!   Please check your spam folder in case it got snagged there! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome! Congratulations, we cant wait to meet him 

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special space; I love the colors and non-traditional twist you've put on a boys room.  Such a beautiful growing family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious revamp!  I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant name choice. Just brilliant. The book of Ruth is one of my most favorites and Boaz is a name of strength, tenderness, and integrity. Love it.

    (And the room looks fab, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the name, love the room, love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A friend sent me the link to this post because we have a 3.5 year old named Boaz (and a 4 month old Judah!)! Beautiful room, and wonderful choice in names for your boys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top