johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

Type A


So at work the other day I was sharing with another nurse how I literally grew a fever blister overnight just from one stressful shift. Her response was, "Oh that's your type A, to which I said, "I'm not type A!!! Leading me on a furious internet search of quizzes to take and definitions to read confirming my personality/temperament type!!!
In the temperment world I am an extroverted, feeling driven, fly by the seat of my pants, sensory loving fool! But I do admit my type A tendencies arise at work, Im always rushing, and can never relax! But please don't misread I have nothing against type A's, in fact, Im pretty sure the world is driven by them, it's just I want to be more type B!!
Here's the definitions according to wikipedia:
Type A:Type A individuals can be described as impatient, time-conscious, controlling, concerned about their status, highly competitive, ambitious, business-like, aggressive, having difficulty relaxing; and are sometimes disliked by individuals with Type B personalities for the way that they're always rushing[citation needed]. They are often high-achieving workaholics who multi-task, drive themselves with deadlines, and are unhappy about delays. Because of these characteristics, Type A individuals are often described as "stress junkies."
Type B:Type B individuals, in contrast, are described as patient, relaxed, and easy-going, generally lacking an overriding sense of urgency. Because of these characteristics, Type B individuals are often described by Type A's as apathetic and disengaged[citation needed]. There is also a Type AB mixed profile for people who cannot be clearly categorized.

I'm curious which one are you or a little bit of both?!

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt 6:34


Comments

  1. Funny! I'm definitely an AB. It's weird, because growing up all the way through my 20s I was oh-so B. Then I end up at work and suddenly this little A side of me starts to emerge like a banshee. I'd actually still prefer to be a B. But a work environment brings out the A side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a type A - I totally admit it. The description is a bit harsh here, but most of it is true. I try to relax... I do! But I am a stress junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely fall under type A. I am always driven by stress and anxiety and sometimes I feel I stress out others around me because I can't knock it off and just relax! I have to make to do list all day long to calm my nerves because my brain is going a million miles an hour with ideas. I could be a little bit of B though, because I can really be patient with people.

    Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. type a type a type a lol xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. according to these definitions, I'm definitely a mix Babe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my outward self is so type B. most people would say so. But I know better and must say I have a lot of A. It comes out with my cleaning habits mostly. can't stand a mess. I try to lighten up, I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a type b! Any yes, type a's annoy the heck out of me! I hate rushing things, and hate to stress out about stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top