johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

Shadows

I read daily from Mark Batterson's blog who geninusly thought of having church meet in movie theatures all along the metro line in Washington D.C because after all church is the people not the building, right?! (I love his innovative thinking!)
This week his evotional really hit me between the eyes on the topic of humility, something I honestly struggle with daily. You see from the ripe age of 3 I was center stage in dance and competed in gymastics and diving winning numerous awards and medals continually loving the limelight.
However, in the Christian life, Jesus offers mutiple paradoxes that go dead against our natural flesh, such as the first shall be last, washing each others feet, and serving one another. I find them both challenging and so incredibly refreshing in our dog eat dog world.
Mark Batterson puts it, "If you seek the limelight, God will often keep you in the shadows. And if you seek the shadows, God will often put you in the limelight."

There's nothing more beautiful than a humble spirit, Lord please help me gain one! Here's to seeking the shadows today!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the reflection Maria!Got me thinking....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just stumbled across your blog today and i love it!

    so beautiful and true.

    keep up the great work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top