johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

Awkward space

So I have this awkward space where the contractor of this house decided to short change the kitchen and not extend it all the way to the wall. So frustrating!

So naturally I put a horse head on it!!! We already named him Mr.Ed and while he may not be for everyone, he adds that element of surprise that I love and quirkiness too!

So the question remains, should I paint that slice of wall he's mounted on gray, leave it, or extend the wallpaper that I have on the adjacent wall, seen here. I need your opinions, o wise design saavy friends!

You should hear all the conversation that has revolved around him already, hysterical!

On a total aside, look what hubs got me, the lucite coffee table!!!





Comments

  1. :) I am not design savvy, but i LOVE the horsie head!!! You= fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that's an awkward space...you need blank space next to the doorway, otherwise you'd be entering/exiting from cabinets, and they'd get all scuffy.

    Anyways.

    I wouldn't do wallpaper...I like it as it is (not gray, either). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wallpaper and think you should bring it on over. The horse head is awesome and what else would go there other than a horse head! Love the painting above the zebra table as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE!!!!! saw mr.ed at Z gallerie, and fell in love, but we already have a white deer head,and i was afraid this place would look like a zoo!

    great thinking for the space!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the head just as it is. maybe add a pretty (dining) chair underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the horse head! Maybe a small side table underneath it? or I like Paula's suggestion of a chair.

    What a guy - I love the lucite table! When my kids get older (or at least that's what I tell myself!) I will get one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your horse and your lucite table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Mr. Ed! That is the perfect spot for him to 'hang' out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh i love Mr.ED;)
    That`s a cool idea!!!
    Perfect!

    Greetings from Germany...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top