johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

Under the Boardwalk

My dear friend, Kelly and I have an ongoing love affair with Ocean city, NJ. It is the epitome of all-american summer -time fun complete with boardwalk, rides, salty air, squawking seagulls, and scrumptious boardwalk junk food. C'mon can't you just smell the funnel-cake now, not to be outdone by the salt water taffy spinning in the store window? This place holds the key to my heart and almost all my happy childhood memories. If I had a million dollars, I would live there, oh and a husband who's job didn't make us move every couple years! (forgot about that!) 
So today, Im taking you to Ocean city, NJ one of my favorite places on earth!

Salt Water Taffy. by Hetleigh76Ocean City, NJ boardwalk, 2008 by squaremealsOcean City , NJ by swankypunkthe off-season by mofo
MUSIC PIER, Ocean City, NJ by Shore Bird.
OC boardwalk by ajshortmac.
Coney Island Boardwalk - Food by Lucid Revolution.
photos flickr
Staying with the boardwalk theme, kelly also sent me the link to these precious little gems...... total LOVE. (note the darling ferris wheel embroidery)  from janieandjack

A funny anecdote about Ocean city of recent times... I had the grand idea of renting a bike with kid seat in back so G and I could take a leisurely ride on the boards. Funny how my good intentions usually end up memorable when Gideon is involved. So, I buckled him in, deeply breathed in the salty air and proceeded to pedal. Ten minutes into our glorious ride after noticing some strange stares, I turn around and see gideon (18 months old) completely out of his seat standing up, putting an abrupt end to our ride. However, at the exact place of our biking disaster, I providentially found a ridiculously cheap house to rent for the week with the fam!! So the outfit below is a tribute to our notorious non-bike ride on the Ocean City boardwalk and the sweet house that came out of it! Thank you Lord! 
What's your favorite summer spot?





Comments

back to top