johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

Our un-vacation {North Carolina}

We started our little trip sick, both husband and I were fighting sinus infections and our 5 year old was coughing, but we pressed on nevertheless! It was a quick 2 hour drive to Great Wolf Lodge, which seriously blew me away. If you haven't heard of it, picture a huge hotel made for kids....huge indoor and outdoor waterpark, over-sized characters walking around, buffet line kid-sized, spa for little ones, and even daily story times. This place surpassed all my expectations. I couldn't get Gideon to even stop and eat, he played in the waterpark for almost 4 hours straight!
Literally within 2 minutes of pulling into this glorious hotel, we heard a loud pop with the sound of quick leaking air to follow. Flat tire. With my arms stretched out to the hotel I'm crying out, "let me out, please hubby just drop me off". Because he's awesome he lets me and the kids out while he goes and waits 3 hours at Walmart fixing one tire. Poor guy.
The next two days we enjoyed time with close friends, which I cherished every bit of conversation and fellowship. However, by the third day baby Boaz woke up with the distinct barking seal cough, so straight to urgent care we went to confirm my suspicion of croup. The next day we headed home, but despite our trip being cut short and the entire family's collective cough it was a treasured time. 
From this point on I will not call these adventures vacations, but trips because traveling with small kids feels nothing like a vacation, but definitely well worth the effort!
I barely broke out the camera, but here's some pictures captured with my iphone at Great Wolf and then with the fancy camera along a lovely riverfront feeding the animals!







Comments

back to top