johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

In the delivery room: Boaz's birth story

Thank you again for all the wonderful emails I've received and continue to get, I'm working my way through them and promise to respond soon! Without further adieu, on Tuesday July 19th at 0645 am we were induced and Boaz arrived (finally) at 1050pm that night! Yep, none of my kiddos wanna come out even when forced!  Essentially I was on pitocin, which is one evil mad dog drug. I tolerated those contractions on a fitness ball for a good couple hours then threw in the towel when I learned I was only at 4cm and coudn't breathe through them or make much progress. They brought in the epidural and I asked for the smallest dose possible and was thrilled when I could still feel my legs and actually move around, best of both world my friends!
After the epidural (4pm) I labored on without feeling pain but just pressure which was truly a joy! Being present in the room and of my sound mind was such a gift! When it came time to push the nurse discovered he was sunny side up, so in order to turn him she had me get on all fours in the bed for a half an hour and with the light epidural, I could do it! Yippee! And guess what? It worked!
I pushed for a half hour and out he came, tears of joy and laughter all around. I appreciated how nurse-driven the whole thing was, the doctor came in to catch in the last 5 minutes.
Aside from the standard lack of sleep, we stare and coo at our honeybee all day long and thank the Lord for his perfect bill of health!
















Comments

  1. Awww. *tears* He's precious. Your wonderful gift of a beautiful family. Healthy. Happy. Heavenly. To God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new little one! He's just beautiful!
    I wish you all the joy and health and happiness to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brings me to tears seeing the beautiful pictures! I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such wonderful photos! happy he has arrived and is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful...all the best to the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a precious miracle. And didn't you feel so triumphant when you'd accomplished the delivery? God has given us such a gift to allow our little bodies to do such a huge task. The pitocin on the other hand, is totally not from God. JK Congratulations to your beautiful family. Enjoy these crazy days... they go too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's absolutely perfect, Maria! Congratulations! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness! congratulations! and i'm so happy to see you named him boaz! one of my favorite characters in the bible. how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just found your blog through rose a la mode...

    congrats on the new addition to your family! boaz is so handsome. :)

    i'm currently nearing my 36th week and cannot wait to meet my little zoey.

    reading your story and seeing your photos brought tears to my eyes!

    thanks for sharing. and again...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really am so excited for you. That image of John holding you and looking at HB makes me melt. That's what life is meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sniff, sniff!!!!! Amazing. I have no words. Just amazing. God is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top