johns journal

Jesus. Travel. Lifestyle.

40 days

Yesterday was Ash Wednesday marking the beginning of Lent, the period of fasting and prayer for 40 days ending with the celebration of Easter. So this season I'm refraining from all personal and home shopping, for those of you who follow this blog its clear I'm active in both of those areas so consider yourselves my official accountability partners!

"Rend your heart not your garments return to the Lord your God for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity." Joel 2:1

Comments

  1. I've never partaken in Lent fasting (whether from food or other activities)... I really should consider it! I know it would be a great experience for me. I will wish you a very strong will over these next 40 (39 now?) days!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

back to top